Tomic storms into Memphis quarters Ander

Tomic storms into Memphis quarters Ander

Mesajde sherry2018love » Vin Oct 13, 2017 11:23 am

Unseeded Australian Bernard Tomic continued his good run of form having a 6-1 7-5 enlighten fifth seed Alexandr Dolgopolov from the Memphis Open second round on Thursday.
Tomic - ranked 49th on this planet - was too strong for those Ukrainian on the Randy Gregory Jersey hard indoor courts in Memphis, heading off seven break points simply because closed your match inside of a little over 60 minutes.
The 22-year-old, who are able to meet Donald Young next up, is through to his third quarter-final appearance of the year, having made earphones eight within the Brisbane and Sydney International events within australia.
Tomic claimed the opening placed in a canter on Thursday, having not faced an opportunity point when he took benefits of the match.
Dolgopolov lifted his game in Damien Wilson Jersey your second set but Tomic was up to the task, saving seven of eight break points faced since he improved to some 3-5 head-to-head against the world number 23.
"I played top notch the most important set," said Tomic. "After which has been a rollercoaster, nonethele s i managed to stop in it and winning the actual set was important ... I was down an opportunity 4-1. I asked myself, 'It's singular break; stay in there with a shot,' and this helped me."
Young stands with respect to Tomic including a semi-final berth following American defeated compatriot and qualifier Denis Kudla Emmett Cleary Jersey 7-5 6-3.
It was the pair's first meeting because it time last year, when Kudla got the greater of Young in straight sets along the Memphis Open.
"I desire to get yourself a little revenge," Young said. "I like to play people your next time pictures lose. It offers a superior me a much more motivation."
Seeds Kevin Anderson and Steve Johnson both advanced towards the quarters.
South African second seed Anderson accounted for big-serving Australian Sam Groth 6-3 6-2.
Anderson's straight-set wins earned a showdown against American sixth seed Johnson, who Jeff Heath Jersey rallied to strike German Dustin Brown 4-6 7-5 7-6 (7-3).
sherry2018love

Înapoi la Parteneri